Re: Clients disconnect but query still runs

From: Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Clients disconnect but query still runs
Date: 2009-08-06 17:06:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 07:23:41AM -0700, Nicolas wrote:
> Now, I'm in a situation where I have many "IDLE in transaction". I
> spotted them myself. I could kill them, but that wouldn't prevent them
> from happening again. In fact, it happens regularily.
>
> Is there a way to get the list of SQL statements that were previously
> executed as part of a given transaction?

I'd play with logging and setting your "log_line_prefix"[1] to include
the process id and "log_statement" to "all". It's then a simple matter
of searching back through the logs to find out what was going on.

--
Sam http://samason.me.uk/

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-LINE-PREFIX
[2] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-STATEMENT