Re: Patch to fix Debian Bug #451038

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch to fix Debian Bug #451038
Date: 2009-07-24 10:14:40
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le vendredi 24 juillet 2009 à 10:24:06, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Guillaume
>
> Lelarge<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> > Bug fixes:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2009-07/msg00093.php
>
> Yup. No problem here.

Commited.

> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2009-07/msg00090.php
>
> I'm not thrilled about using the tab count to determine whether or not
> to do something. That bites me pretty much every time I hack on a
> dialog. Can we do something like "if (txtSql)", or can we not be
> certain that it's been zeroed if it's not used?

I've tried to check different parameters but failed. The only way I found (and
the last I tried) is using the tab count. The last because I don't like it
either. One other way is to loop though all the tabs and check if we have an
"SQL" tab. It should protect us enough of the issue you're talking about?

> > New functionality:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-hackers/2009-07/msg00036.php
>
> Looks OK in principle. I've got a sneaking feeling we've had issues
> with using translated strings in SQL queries before though, but I
> can't think what/when that was though.

We do this on all statistics methods, so we can use a common DisplayStatistics
function. I don't see another way to get this. If we had an issue with this, I
think we would have fixed it.

Thanks for your comments.

--
Guillaume.