pg_stat_activity reporting of VACUUM in 8.1

From: Kevin Kempter <kevink(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_stat_activity reporting of VACUUM in 8.1
Date: 2009-07-23 19:22:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all;

looking at a system running 8.1.15
via a select from pg_stat_activity I see a row where the vcurrent_query =
'VACUUM'

I see also that autovacuum is on. Would autovacuum be running a vacuum on the
entire db? I didn't think autovacuum did that. If not, how do I know in
version 8.1 what table is being vacuumed? I thought that even in 8.1 the
current_query column in pg_stat_activity would list the full sql being run as
opposed to 'VACUUM'.

Thanks in advance