Re: Duplicate key value error

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Dickson S(dot) Guedes" <listas(at)guedesoft(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Duplicate key value error
Date: 2009-07-22 01:09:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Dickson S. Guedes" <listas(at)guedesoft(dot)net> wrote:

> Hum, for key names ok, but for values, wouldn't this worse the output when
> it is greater than 512 bytes?

Why do we need to cut values in 512 bytes? It might be generate larger logs
before, but we don't have any limits for length of log messages.

ex) ERROR: ...
STATEMENT: (very long query without length-limit)

Also, we cannot use so long keys because length of key must be less then
BLCKSZ. Error messages is 256kB at longest (INDEX_MAX_KEYS=32 * BLKCSZ=8kB),
so I think it is not so dangerous.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro