Re: navigation menu for documents

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
Subject: Re: navigation menu for documents
Date: 2009-07-20 13:27:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Monday 20 July 2009 02:32:01 Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > On Friday 17 July 2009 15:58:27 Richard Huxton wrote:
> > > 1. Fixed navigation
> > >
> > > 2. Titles on navigation links.
> >
> > Yes, the DSSSL stylesheet could do that.
>
> Since it seems we can get both of these without interfering with
> anything else I vote +1 on getting them it.

For some historical, arbitrary reason the header and footer links are
different:

(Header:)
Prev Fast Backward Fast Forward Next

(Footer:)
Prev Home Next
Title of Prev Title of Next

I would like to combine all these elements in header and footer, so they both
say:

Prev Fast Backward Home Fast Forward Next
TitleP TitleFB TitleFF TitleN

I think this would be much more usable than just the tooltips.