SE-PostgreSQL?

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SE-PostgreSQL?
Date: 2009-07-18 16:06:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

At this point, SE-PostgreSQL has taken up a *lot* of community
resources, not to mention an enormous and doubtless frustrating amount
of Kohei-san's time and effort, thus far without a single committed
patch, or even a consensus as to what it should (or could) do.

Rather than continuing to blunder into the future, I think we need to
do a reality check in the form of a couple of questions:

1. Among the committers who could maintain the features, whatever
they turn out to be, who is actually volunteering to do so?

2. Apart from Kohei-san and Stephen Frost, is anybody actually
interested in having this feature at all?

I would submit that if we get fewer than three enthusiastic, "me!"s on
the first, or fewer people than five on the second, we just need to
bounce this feature and move on. As I see it, those numbers are a
bare minimum, although one could fairly argue that I've underestimated
the minimum for the second.

What say?

Cheers,
David.