Re: BUG #4914: uuid_generate_v4 not present in either source or yum/rpm

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dan Boeriu <dan(dot)boeriu(at)roost(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4914: uuid_generate_v4 not present in either source or yum/rpm
Date: 2009-07-10 01:00:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dan Boeriu wrote:

> I tried several times to build Postgres 8.4 with the ossp uuid both from
> source and from yum/rpm.
> I do have installed on the server uuid 1.6

> Now in 8.3.7 I installed a uuid package from postgres yum and run a script:
> /usr/share/pgsql/contrib/uuid-ossp.sql
> which I cannot find anymore in 8.4.
> The uninstall script though is present in both 8.3.7 and 8.4:
> /usr/share/pgsql/contrib/uninstall_uuid-ossp.sql

This seems a packaging mistake, because the file is present in the build
tree, and after installing it the uuid_generate_v4 function is present.
Maybe you just need to install to postgresql-contrib package? (But if
the uninstall script is there I guess you already have it)

alvherre=# \i /pgsql/install/84_rel/share/contrib/uuid-ossp.sql
SET
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
CREATE FUNCTION
alvherre=# \df *uuid*
Listado de funciones
Esquema | Nombre | Tipo de dato de salida | Tipos de datos de argumentos | Tipo
------------+--------------------+------------------------+------------------------------+--------
pg_catalog | uuid_cmp | integer | uuid, uuid | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_eq | boolean | uuid, uuid | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_ge | boolean | uuid, uuid | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_gt | boolean | uuid, uuid | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_hash | integer | uuid | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_in | uuid | cstring | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_le | boolean | uuid, uuid | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_lt | boolean | uuid, uuid | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_ne | boolean | uuid, uuid | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_out | cstring | uuid | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_recv | uuid | internal | normal
pg_catalog | uuid_send | bytea | uuid | normal
public | uuid_generate_v1 | uuid | | normal
public | uuid_generate_v1mc | uuid | | normal
public | uuid_generate_v3 | uuid | namespace uuid, name text | normal
public | uuid_generate_v4 | uuid | | normal
public | uuid_generate_v5 | uuid | namespace uuid, name text | normal
public | uuid_nil | uuid | | normal
public | uuid_ns_dns | uuid | | normal
public | uuid_ns_oid | uuid | | normal
public | uuid_ns_url | uuid | | normal