Re: Vote on Windows installer links

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Vote on Windows installer links
Date: 2009-07-09 19:33:30
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > > The company logo is missing, as well as the pointer to the commercial
> > > support page.
> >
> > You mentioned "Command Prompt advertising", not logos or links.
>
> Yes, but the discussion is about EDB involvement in the installer, which
> has the logos, no?

Right, EDB has much more stuff on the installer than Command Prompt has
on the archives, and if EDB is asking for too much PR, we can say no and
not use them, or ask them to do it with less PR, and see if they agree.
Not sure what CP does for the RPMs because I never used them, but they
do link to their web site.

My point was that this is a difference of _degree_, not of _kind_.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com