BUG #4907: stored procedures and changed tables

From: "Michael Tenenbaum" <michael(at)strategic-techs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4907: stored procedures and changed tables
Date: 2009-07-07 19:21:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4907
Logged by: Michael Tenenbaum
Email address: michael(at)strategic-techs(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.11
Operating system: Gentoo
Details:

If I have a stored procedure that returns a set of records of a table, I get
an error message that the procedure's record is the wrong type after I
change some columns in the table.

Deleting the procedure then rewriting the procedure does not help. The only
thing that works is deleting both the stored procedure and the table and
starting over again.

Any chance a future release can check for stored procedures that return a
set of records of a changed table?

Thanks.