view the remining # of TX ID's available per db (before TX ID wraparound failure)

From: Kevin Kempter <kevink(at)consistentstate(dot)com>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: view the remining # of TX ID's available per db (before TX ID wraparound failure)
Date: 2009-06-23 16:06:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi all;

I want to be sure we know exactly how close we are to a tx id wraparound
failure.

I ran this:

select datname, age(datfrozenxid) from pg_database;

I assume the resulting value is the number of available tx id's left per db,
is this correct?

Also is there a way in 8.3 to determine which tables need to be vacuum'ed so
PostgreSQL can reset the tx id values?

Thanks in advance...