Re: rc tarball built with older flex version?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: rc tarball built with older flex version?
Date: 2009-06-21 21:17:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

>> I noticed that the rc1 tarball includes scanner files that are built with an
>> older flex version that generates warnings with our default compilation flags.
>> Since I have been running with -Werror by default for a great while now, this
>> caught my attention while testing the tarball. Are we tracking this or are we
>> just using whatever was installed on the host that created the snapshot?
>
> It's whatever is installed on svr1, but we don't change that often,
> and I'm particularly not inclined to change it post-RC. We don't
> recommend that people use -Werror to build, so I think we should just
> write this off as "not a bug".

I'm a bit confused here though ... I haven't changed flex on that VPS
recently ... in fact, its dated Sep 15, 2007 ... so the builds have been
using the same flex for a long while now ...

Peter, is this a recently change you've noticed, or something that has
been like that for while now?

----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ . 7615664