Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Petr Jelinek <pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Date: 2009-06-17 14:35:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Petr,

* Petr Jelinek (pjmodos(at)pjmodos(dot)net) wrote:
> So, here is the first version of the patch.

Neat, thanks! Some initial comments:

You should read through this:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch

First big thing is that the patch should be a context diff. I would
also recommend you put it up on the CommitFest wiki if it's not there
yet. You might also write up a wiki page on it and link to it from the
8.5 WIP section under
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_and_Contributor_Resources

The http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ can also help if you
havn't checked it out yet.

> It includes functionality itself, simple regression test and also very
> simple documentation.

Excellent!

> Any comments/suggestions are welcome (I especially wonder if the use of
> list_union_ptr is acceptable).

I'll try to take a look at the actual patch in more detail later this
week.

Thanks!

Stephen