Re: static developer docs

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: static developer docs
Date: 2009-06-04 14:44:56
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On 4 jun 2009, at 03.21, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>
> > Dave Page wrote:
> >> We don't enable the dynamic docs until we go GA.
> >
> > I think we should have a link to the dynamic URL even during beta so
> > people patching the docs can see their changes rendered. The dynamic
> > build still happens but there is no link to it.
>
> That's no what the interactive vs static difference is.
>
> Interactive = with user comments.
>
> The static docs update every day from cvs for 8.4. So people with doc
> patches can certainly see their changes included.

OK, I understand the distinction in terms now but there used to be a doc
build that built every 5 minutes or so, if needed. It is here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/index.html

and it used to be listed here:

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/testing

plus there was a link that showed what changes had been made to CVS
during the last doc build. I think those links should be restored to
that page.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com