Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up

From: Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>
To: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Greg Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Developer meeting minutes up
Date: 2009-06-03 14:38:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com> [090603 10:26]:

> Thats true, but it's not representable in VCS, unless you use cherry-pick,
> which is just UI around patch transport. But considering separate
> local trees (with can optionally contain local per-fix branches),
> it is possible to separate the fix-developement from final representation.

I'll note that in git, cherry-pick is *more* than just "patch
transport". I would more call it "patch commute". It does actually
look at the history between the "pick"ed patch, and the current
tree, any merge/fork points, and the differences on each path that lead
to the changes in the current tree and the picked patch.

a.
--
Aidan Van Dyk Create like a god,
aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca command like a king,