Two upgrades this weekend ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: sysadmins(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Two upgrades this weekend ...
Date: 2009-05-23 04:35:05
Lists: pgsql-www

I need to perform two upgrades this weekend:

pgfoundry.org
pugs.postgresql.org

We've been having an odd issue with our 64bit servers of late, and we've
been slowly eliminating potential problems. Right now, I am working on
eliminating a potential issue with running FreeBSD 6.x VPS/libraries on
the FreeBSD 7.x servers, something that all three of our current 64bit
servers have in varying degrees.

Both pgfoundry.org and pugs.postgresql.org are running FreeBSD 6.x ports
/ libraries, so I will be upgrade them to proper 7.x VPSs.

The downtime tends to vary, but will be at least 2hrs each, and I will
do them sequentially .

No config files will be changed, only the binaries upgraded / recompiled
to be proper "native 7.x binaries" ...

----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ . 7615664