Re: migrating from MSSQL

From: johnf <jfabiani(at)yolo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: migrating from MSSQL
Date: 2009-05-08 13:37:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Friday 08 May 2009 12:08:44 am Eugene . wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been tasked with evaluating the feasibility of migrating our in-house
> application from MSSQL to PostgreSQL. It is fairly old and has lots of
> stored procedures, which is why we need to think carefully before making
> the switch. Does anyone else have a similar experience? What are some of
> the things to watch out for?
>
> Secondly, which commercial support vendor would you recommend? I found
> EnterpriseDB and CommandPrompt, but I don't know anything about them. Any
> other candidates?
>
> thanks,
>
> Eugene

I know this is going to sound like pie in the sky but. I had the same task.
I found a program that converted everything on the web. However, the program
was very expensive over $3000.00 US. The author provided a test demo that
would convert 2 or 3 SP's. It did look very good. The author is more
interested in getting large companies to make purchases. Not that is a bad
thing only that he was not to responsive to a non-profit request. Keep
looking because the name escapes me and also the link.

--
John Fabiani