Re: Creating a tablespace directory in recovery

From: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Creating a tablespace directory in recovery
Date: 2009-05-01 02:01:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Does anyone know why a tablespace directory isn't automatically
> created in recovery? I think that it's troublesome to create all the
> directories before recovery.

I guess that's because postgres (OS user) needs a write privilege
of *upper* directory of the tablespace directory. So, makeing
directory might fail with permission denied error.

However, it might be as well to create tablespace directories
for less-restricted installations.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro