Re: XML documentation question

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: XML documentation question
Date: 2009-04-27 20:00:11
Lists: pgsql-docs

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > On Monday 27 April 2009 20:20:29 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > I updated the text to:
> > >
> > > The following functions return XML Schema documents similar to the
> > > mappings produced by the corresponding functions above:
>
> OK, that is what is in our SGML now.
>
> > Sorry, that is completely wrong.
>
> You did just email "sounds good", but were mistaken, right?

But that was to Tom proposal, which is completely different (yes -- one
word can change the meaning of a sentence).

I agree the paragraph (even with Tom's rework) is a bit confusing to the
uninitiated. Maybe the subsection could be reflowed so that each
function is described along the corresponding XML Schema function (to
table_to_xml and table_to_xmlschema, later query_to_xml and
query_to_xmlschema and so on).