BUG #4771: Postgres wont start

From: "Christine Penner" <christinep(at)telus(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4771: Postgres wont start
Date: 2009-04-22 04:55:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4771
Logged by: Christine Penner
Email address: christinep(at)telus(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.7
Operating system: Vista
Details:

I have had Postgres running and working on the computer for about a month. A
week ago I started and realized that the Postgres service was not started. I
started it and it worked fine. Today I started up and again Postgres has not
started. I have tried again and again to start it but it won't start. I have
restarted my computer 3 times, shut down programs running that may interfere
but still nothing.

I can't find a log file that will give me more info on why it won't start.