Re: psql \d commands and information_schema

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Martin Pihlak <martin(dot)pihlak(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql \d commands and information_schema
Date: 2009-04-02 17:40:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Martin Pihlak wrote:
> Attached is a patch that modifies psql \dX commands to treat objects
> in information_schema as "system objects". This prevents them from
> showing up in \dX *.* and polluting the user objects list. This is
> especially annoying if user objects are in multiple schemas, and
> one wants to get a quick overview by running \dX *.*

I have applied a simplified version of your patch, attached, that adds
just a "AND <>" line to the query; I was a little concerned that IN
might affect performance, and the macros seemed kind of complicated.

Also, since my patch this morning any pattern will also trigger
information_schema lookups, not just 'S'.

Thanks.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 10.4 KB