Re: Import: preview snapshots

From: Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Import: preview snapshots
Date: 2009-03-27 01:48:44
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> It's difficult to give much feedback just from the screenshots, but
> some random thoughts:
Sure. I am sorry for this.

Last week, it can generate SQL statements and COPY data.
Because the UI was redesigned yesterday. It can't work now.
Lots of code has to be rewrited.
I wish it can be completed in next two weeks.

> - 'Import row(s) match' should have a larger textbox
Ok

> - It's not entirely clear what the 'Data options' are. Maybe change
> the label for 'Check true first' to 'Validate booleans?'
When 'Check true first' is checked (default), 'Boolean false' is disabled.
Then the the user can input a value-list in 'Boolean true'.
(If left empty default, the value will be sent to DB directly.)
The value in boolean type column will be checked whether it is in
true value-list. if yes, it is true, if not, it is false.
When 'Check true first' is not checked, opposite.

> - What are: "ANSI C" "RFC 822" and "PostgreSQL" formats referring to?
> Dates? If so, they should be under 'Data Options' imho. And we should
> support ISO8601 for certain.
I had checked Standard ISO8601, it seems that all of formats is supported
in PostgreSQL very well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/datatype-datetime.html
Table 8-10. Date Input