Re: small but useful patches for text search

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date: 2009-03-20 14:34:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 March 2009 09:38:59 Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > You are assuming that only commit-fest work is required to get us to
> > beta. You might remember the long list of open items I faced in January
> > that I have whittled down, but I still have about twenty left.
> >

> I think part of the perception of the project sitting around doing nothing
> isn't so much that you/tom are doing nothing, but others who were doing
> review or coding features are now caught in limbo. One of the things the
> commitfest has been successful at is helping delegate code review. Perhaps we
> need to take a fresh look at your list of twenty things and see what can be
> delegated out to others.

Yep, I agree. The problem is that last time I put out a list that
wasn't clensed I got a lot of compaints so I am only going to put out a
list that is 100% accurate, and that will take hours to produce, time I
don't have now because I am working on the release notes.

And things are getting addressed, like the pg_restore -j/-m flag and GIN
index changes, so there is movement, there just isn't documented
movement.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com