Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 freeze ?

From: Levente Torok <toroklev(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin 1.8.4 freeze ?
Date: 2009-03-12 15:12:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thursday 12 March 2009, you wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Levente Torok <toroklev(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 11 March 2009, you wrote:
> >
> >> It can - basically pgAdmin is waiting until the connection attempt
> >> times out (the length of which is not controlled by pgAdmin). I just
> >> tested on CentOS here, and it took 4 minutes to timeout.
> >
> > Well, I don't think there could be any any reason for holding splashsceen on for
> > more than 5 seconds... Or?
> > :)
>
> Splash screen? You suggested it was when connecting to servers - that
> doesn'r happen until you double click on one.

I was just assuming that pgmin is checking if servers are alive at the startup
but since it didn't start up in reasonable time I haven't use it forawhile so I forget
that it is not likely doing anything since additional click is needed.

So. yess the splashscreen is on forever. How should I debug the case?

--
Blogger of http://fapuma.blogspot.com