Re: parallel restore fixes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: parallel restore fixes
Date: 2009-03-09 23:22:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> The attached patch fixes two issues with parallel restore:
>
> * the static buffer problem in dumputils.c::fmtId() on Windows
> (solution: use thread-local storage)
> * ReopenPtr() is called too often

Hmm, if pg_restore is the only program that's threaded, why are you
calling init_dump_utils on pg_dump and pg_dumpall? It makes me a bit
nervous because there are some other programs that are linking
dumputils.c (psql and some in src/bin/scripts/) and even calling fmtId.

Also I think the fmtId comment needs to be updated.