Re: status of remaining patches

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: status of remaining patches
Date: 2009-03-08 15:35:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas escribió:

> As far as I can tell the patch author has responded to all comments
> and pretty much done everything right. I haven't even looked at it
> enough to understand what it does or why I should care, but AFAICS
> it's had more interest and more reviewing than 90% of what was
> submitted for this CommitFest.

I noticed but never put in email that it adds a #include postgres.h to
some other header file, which should just be removed.

I also noticed that the followup version posted by someone else than the
OP did not include the readahead.c file (I tried it with the one last
posted by Koichi Suzuki and it seemed to compile with no problems,
although I didn't run it)

I then started wondering about the API; why are all the callers checking
the readahead module if there's space and then adding stuff in?
ISTM they should just attempt to add the element, and readahead.c be in
charge of determining whether there is space or not, internally.