Re: using pgdg repo

From: Jakov Sosic <jakov(dot)sosic(at)srce(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: using pgdg repo
Date: 2009-03-06 22:07:24
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 15:59:08 -0600 (CST)
Richard Ray <rray(at)mstc(dot)state(dot)ms(dot)us> wrote:

<cut>

Maybe priorities are broken? Maybe some other repo than pgdg3 has
higher priority for postgresql, and yum then won't upgrade postgresql
because it already has newer version than for example base/updates?

try leaving only pgdg83.repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/ and moving all others
somewhere temporary, and then add back one repo at a time, and you'll
notice when stuff breaks.

I have one cluster which wants to upgrade from 8.3.4 to 8.3.6, but I am
not allowed to do it because of possible downtime/problems... And it
bugs me almost a few months now, so I don't know what your problem can
be, but the repos seem fine :(

--
| Jakov Sosic | ICQ: 28410271 | PGP: 0x965CAE2D |
| start fighting cancer -> http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ |