Re: Import: empty string and expression

From: Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Import: empty string and expression
Date: 2009-02-26 09:46:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> Have a set of radio buttons and a textbox perhaps:
> NULL AS: NULL O empty string O constant O [ ]
> NULL AS: NULL O constant O [ ]
My plan is the user can set this option for every column.
Because different column has different set(nullable or not) and different type.

> I wouldn't bother with ERROR for any type - let the server detect
> errors and reject data accordingly.
With COPY command, it stops operation at the first error.
Maybe the user don't want this. Especially when they want to import a huge size file.

> I wouldn't worry about those yet. Let's learn to walk first, and fly later :-)
Yes, I think so, too.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang(at)gmail(dot)com
CIT Japan: http://www.cit.co.jp