pgadmin III not recognizing that instrumentation is loaded

From: "Eric Boehm" <boehm(at)nortel(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgadmin III not recognizing that instrumentation is loaded
Date: 2009-02-25 00:46:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

I have a PostgreSQL 8.3.3 database running on a linux system. I
followed the instructions and built and installed the adminpack.so
library.

I ran the adminpack.sql commands, stopped and started the database but the
pgadmin Client tells me 'The server lacks instrumentation functions' when
I try to use Server Status

I can see that the functions are defined in the database

pg_catalog | pg_file_read | text
| text, bigint, bigint
pg_catalog | pg_file_rename | boolean
| text, text
pg_catalog | pg_file_rename | boolean
| text, text, text
pg_catalog | pg_file_unlink | boolean
| text
pg_catalog | pg_file_write | bigint
| text, text, boolean

pg_catalog | pg_logfile_rotate | integer

What else do I need to do?

I followed the instructions in the dialog

PostgreSQL 8.2 and above include the instrumentation functions in the
"adminpack" contrib module. After the module is installed, you need to
create the instrumentation functions in your maintenance database
using the admin.sql script (admin81.sql for PostgreSQL 8.1) which are
usually located in the pgsql share directory
(e.g. /usr/local/pgsql/share)

I don't see anything useful in the log file so I am not sure how to
debug why it thinks that the functions aren't there.

--
Eric M. Boehm /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm(at)nortel(dot)com \ / No HTML or RTF in mail