SSL - Providing client certificates

From: "Saleem EDAH-TALLY" <nmset(at)netcourrier(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SSL - Providing client certificates
Date: 2009-02-20 09:30:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/83/ssl-factory.html states :

"Specifically it would be nice to be able to provide client certificates to be
validated by the server."

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/83/ssl-client.html refers to
validating the server's identity only, using javax.net.ssl.trustStore JVM-wide
setting.

However, if we set javax.net.ssl.keyStore and javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword,
the SSL connection is established and the client certificate is verified.

This seems contradictory with the documntation, or I am missing something.

I would be happy to read your comments.

Thank you.