BUG #4655: Spelling mistake in windows installer

From: "Glen Edmonds" <glen(dot)edmonds(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4655: Spelling mistake in windows installer
Date: 2009-02-14 22:51:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4655
Logged by: Glen Edmonds
Email address: glen(dot)edmonds(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system: Windows
Details:

During install, when the selected data directory already exists, a message
is shown titled "Existing data directory". The final sentence reads "This
directory and it's configuration will be used for this installation."

There is no apostrophe in "it's" when used in the possessive form. The
sentence should read "This directory and its configuration will be used for
this installation."

Fyi, "it's" is a contraction of "it is" (or "it has", when "has" is an
auxiliary verb). "Its" is the possessive form of "it" (i.e. "belongs to
it").

To help the project, I could review grammar and spelling for all postgres
text messages (although I expect there is quite a lot) - let me know.