BUG #4652: .net upate

From: "carl baptista" <carl(at)multimax(dot)co(dot)za>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4652: .net upate
Date: 2009-02-13 12:30:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4652
Logged by: carl baptista
Email address: carl(at)multimax(dot)co(dot)za
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system: win xp
Details:

hi,

I have included the Npgsql dll in my c# webservice.

I am trying to update a table via a dataset, using the following code:

NpgsqlDataAdapter L_Adapter = new NpgsqlDataAdapter(Qry, L_Conn);
try
{
L_Adapter.MissingSchemaAction = MissingSchemaAction.AddWithKey;
NpgsqlCommandBuilder L_CmndBuilder = new NpgsqlCommandBuilder(L_Adapter);
return L_Adapter.Update(inDataTable);
}
finally
{
L_Conn.Close();
L_Conn.Dispose();
}

when I use this code to perform an update, it returns a count indicating
that it was successful, but when the data is scrutinised, it turns out that
the update failed. When I perform a delete using this code, I get the
following error:

Concurrency violation: the DeleteCommand affected 0 of the expected 1
records.

Please could you show mw what I'm doing wrong here, or where I could get a
patch to fix this if it is a bug.

Thanks
Carl