BUG #4646: Default password is patently absurd

From: "Jason" <jdmarshall(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4646: Default password is patently absurd
Date: 2009-02-12 00:48:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4646
Logged by: Jason
Email address: jdmarshall(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system: Windows XP
Details:

I let the installer pick a password for me. What it picked was 31
characters long, and included characters that I can't actually type on my
keyboard. Quite possibly some can't even be displayed on my system, as
several are listed as "?". One of the other characters is the section
symbol (aka &sect;)

Who thought this was a good idea?