Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Update autovacuum to use reloptions instead of a system catalog,
Date: 2009-02-10 18:46:18
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:

> 2. psql's \d+ doesn't show toast storage parameters.
>
> Neither \d+ for base tables nor toast relations show toast.* parameters
> though there are some values in pg_class.reloptions.
> I think we should show toast.* parameters in \d+ for base tables
> because it has consistency; we set them at ALTER TABLE for base tables.

This patch seems to fix this problem.

Note that it introduces a LEFT JOIN on pg_class to itself that's always
present, even for server versions that do not support reloptions. I'm
not sure that this is a problem; I can't measure any difference on \d
with and without the patch on a test database with 1000 tables.

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-toast-relopts.patch text/x-diff 2.1 KB