Re: reloptions with a "namespace"

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: reloptions with a "namespace"
Date: 2009-01-30 19:50:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

New patch attached, with pg_dump support (thanks to Tom for the SQL
heads-up).

Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:

> I don't like the spreading validnsps' approach. Isn't there a way to
> centralize those variables in one place, i.e., reloption.h ?

Maybe one option is to create a #define with the options valid for
heaps?

> Also, remove an obsolete comment about toast tables at reloption.h.

I'm not sure about that one -- maybe one day we'll want to separate the
options for toast tables and those for plain tables (for example, surely
we don't need per-row default security in toast tables, or stuff like
that).

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values

Attachment Content-Type Size
reloptions-namespace-4.patch text/x-diff 49.9 KB