Re: Pet Peeves?

From: rhubbell <Rhubbell(at)iHubbell(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pet Peeves?
Date: 2009-01-30 18:35:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Nope, had to find it in another package called libpq-dev.
That's on UbuntuHardy. Maybe it's a maintainer problem?

What logic would lead someone to separate pg_config from everything else?
Do people often just install the server and nothing else? Then what?
You've got a server can you have a working db without any dev tools?
Maybe it's typical to install dev tools off-server?

BTW I ran into the need for pg_config upon installing DBD::Pg.
Maybe DBD::Pg maintainer problem?

Still a "Pet Peeve". (^:
I guess I don't care who owns the pet.