Re: Array of C integers to temporary table?

From: postgres-novice(at)coreland(dot)ath(dot)cx
To: "Obe, Regina" <robe(dot)dnd(at)cityofboston(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Array of C integers to temporary table?
Date: 2009-01-27 20:47:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 2009-01-27 14:47:22, Obe, Regina wrote:

> I'm not quite sure what you mean by an array of C integers. You mean
> you have an array in C
> that you are trying to bring into PostgreSQL, or a random assortment of
> integers in C you would like to bring in,
> or you have a PostgreSQL array.

Hi.

Yes, should've been clearer about that really. What I meant was an array
of integers in C that I want to get into PostgreSQL somehow:

void
select_all_matching (int *ids)
{
/* SELECT * FROM some_table WHERE id IN (SELECT * FROM ids); */
}

Given the ancient version of Postgres I'm being asked to use, it looks
like I'll have to use the COPY functions in libpq or just do things the
long way...

thanks for your time!