Re: segmentation fault on Dynamic query using C

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Priyank Raj <tanha(dot)raj(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: segmentation fault on Dynamic query using C
Date: 2009-01-22 11:08:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:40:22AM +0530, Priyank Raj wrote:
> I have a code(mention below), when i run this code on Intel machine it works
> perfectly fine, but when i use AMD machine it giving me segmentation fault
> at "EXEC SQL EXECUTE IMMEDIATE :qqq;" line. what could be the problem??

Difficult to say without digging into it more. Could you run under gdb? Also to
reproduce this, could you please give us the exact table definition you use?
Otherwise we might guess wrong, which might have an impact.

Does it fail on ALL amd machines or just on one (hoping that you have more than
one to test)? Do you recompile on amd or use the same binary? This might be a
compiler optimization problem as well, could you try using different -O values
for gcc?

I can do some debugging as well, but have to either reproduce this on my system
or getting onto yours. :-)

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org