Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Subject: Re: FWD: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date: 2009-01-22 02:32:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce, et al,

* Bruce Momjian (bruce(at)momjian(dot)us) wrote:
> \dg [PATTERN] list roles (groups)
> \du [PATTERN] list roles (users)

Seeing this list reminded me of a pet-peeve.. \du and \dg actually show
the same info, that's fine, but neither of them show the rolcanlogin
value. As someone who has a bad habit of doing 'create role blah;' for
new users this can get very annoying. I also have people complain to me
that they can't figure out why a new user can't log in after they did
the same thing. Could we get that changed? Or maybe have 'connections'
say something different when you don't have rolcanlogin besides 'no
limit'?

> \dp [PATTERN] list table, view, and sequence access privileges

erp, I don't think I changed this in my column-level privleges patch..
Should we explicitly mention column in this list?

Thanks,

Stephen