Re: ssl database connection problems...

From: Ray Stell <stellr(at)cns(dot)vt(dot)edu>
To: Carol Walter <walterc(at)indiana(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ssl database connection problems...
Date: 2008-12-31 15:09:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 09:19:12AM -0500, Carol Walter wrote:
> Here's the output from s_client & s_server commands...
>
> # openssl s_client
> connect: Connection refused
> connect:errno=146

oh, I think you need to use some more flags. Take a look at
this howto: http://www.madboa.com/geek/openssl/

> I don't have a root.crt file.
>
> # openssl verify -CAfile ./root.crt testcert.pem

right, my file root.ca was self generated using openssl (I'm the CA). It is
analogous to the CA chain you might buy from Thawte or some other trusted
authority. It is the file that I used to sign my server crt file, testcrt.pem.
`
Yeah, you don't need it unless you want to auth a login with pg, but we
are not there yet. You need to verify that openssl is not fubar first, right?

Best in 2009, everyone: Carbon-free city under construction, cool!

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/ynews;_ylt=AgPr9FSysEdu1cF5ydA9CPr737YB?ch=4226722&cl=11310260&lang=en