Re: [GENERAL] A bit confused about Postgres Plus

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] A bit confused about Postgres Plus
Date: 2008-12-17 19:55:40
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

On Wednesday 17 December 2008 20:52:28 Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> Without getting into the debate about which distributions should or
> shouldn't be on the download page, I was surprised recently to encounter
> difficulty finding the source code.

> Are distributions of binary distributions outstripping source downloads
> the degree that this page layout would seem to imply?

Well, people are usually better off getting the binaries if possible.

It might be good to have a small table of contents listing at the top of the
downloads page, because otherwise finding the source is really hard.

The source is our primary product, after all.

In any case, putting development snapshots before source has got to be
completely wrong.