Re: Maximum reasonable free space map

From: Phillip Berry <pberry(at)stellaconcepts(dot)com>
To: "Grzegorz =?utf-8?q?Ja=C5=9Bkiewicz?=" <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Maximum reasonable free space map
Date: 2008-12-17 02:29:33
Lists: pgsql-general

The data in nearly every table is constantly changing due to a high volume of new data constantly
coming in, processing on the existing data and heavy reporting being done all at once all day and
night.

So I guess my question is, is there a point where you start to see diminishing returns or even
negative returns by setting the fsm too high?

Cheers
Phil