Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1268)
Date: 2008-12-04 03:13:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> I updated the patch set of SE-PostgreSQL (revision 1268).
>
> [1/6] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-sepgsql-8.4devel-3-r1268.patch
> [2/6] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-pg_dump-8.4devel-3-r1268.patch
> [3/6] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-policy-8.4devel-3-r1268.patch
> [4/6] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-docs-8.4devel-3-r1268.patch
> [5/6] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-tests-8.4devel-3-r1268.patch
> [6/6] http://sepgsql.googlecode.com/files/sepostgresql-row_acl-8.4devel-3-r1268.patch
>
> Draft of the SE-PostgreSQL documentation is here:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SEPostgreSQL
>
> List of updates:
> - The patches are rebased to the CVS HEAD.
> - RelOptions related hooks are cleaned up.
> - The Row-level ACL feature is chosen in default.
> - rowacl_table_default() is added to show the default ACL of the table.
> - The initial revision of regression test for Row-level ACL is added.
>
> If you have anything to comment for the patches, could you disclose it?
> It is not necessary to be a comprehensive one. Don't hesitate to submit.

I looked over the patch and was wondering why you chose to have a
configure option to disable row-level ACLs. I assume that could just be
always enabled. In fact, perhaps that is the first part of the patch
that should be applied because it doesn't rely on SE-Linux.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com