BUG #4558: Error 255!

From: "Paul" <vickisphucked(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4558: Error 255!
Date: 2008-12-02 08:20:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4558
Logged by: Paul
Email address: vickisphucked(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.5
Operating system: Vista Ultimate
Details:

Whenever I try to install postgres database I keep getting an error that
says Failed to run initdb: 255! Please see log file and then gives the log
file location. When I check the log file it is blank. What can I do to fix
this?