Re: start/stop error message

From: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
To: David <lists(at)theflorys(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: start/stop error message
Date: 2008-11-21 07:49:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 12:22:24AM -0500, David wrote:
> I am unable to solve the following problem.
>
> When I start or stop PostgreSQL using pg_ctl (without the -D option) the
> system works fine. No errors. I have the PGDATA environment variable
> set and it points to my cluster.

What did you do prior to getting into this situation?

Firstly, run pg_lsclusters and see if your cluster is in there. If not
I suggest you explain more clearly what you did. Also, read the
documentation in /usr/share/doc/postgresql-8.2/README.Debian.gz and see
if it puts you on the right track.

Have a nice day,