Re: Re: [BUGS] libpq does not manage SSL callbacks properly when other libraries are involved.

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Russell Smith <mr-russ(at)pws(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PoolSnoopy <tlatzelsberger(at)gmx(dot)at>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [BUGS] libpq does not manage SSL callbacks properly when other libraries are involved.
Date: 2008-11-18 03:51:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Russell Smith wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Yes, my defines were very messed up; updated version attached.
> >
> Hi,
>
> I've not done a review of this patch, however I did backport it to 8.3
> (as attached in unified diff). The patch wasn't made for PG purposes, so
> it's not in context diff. I tested the backported patch and the issues I
> was experiencing with the initial bug report have stopped. So the fix
> works for the initial reported problem.

Wow, that is great. I was only guessing on the cause but it seemed
logical, and your testing confirmed it.

> Will this be back patched when it's committed?

This is not something we would typically backpatch because of the danger
of introducing some unexpected change in libpq. We can provide a patch
to anyone who needs it, or if the community wants it backpatched I can
certainly do that.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com