BUG #4522: autovacuum working send SIGUSR1 to the wrong pid

From: "Zou Yong" <springwell(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4522: autovacuum working send SIGUSR1 to the wrong pid
Date: 2008-11-12 08:34:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4522
Logged by: Zou Yong
Email address: springwell(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.4
Operating system: Linux 2.6.24
Details:

I was running postgres on a Linux with busybox. The autovacuum feature is
turned on. I noticed that the autovacuum worker sent SIGUSR1 to pid 1 which
is the init process and caused the system halt.

I did some debugging and found that the root cause is the constant
AutoVacNumSignals is not defined correctly. It should be (AutoVacRebalance +
1).