pre-MED

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pre-MED
Date: 2008-10-29 16:40:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

Please find enclosed a WIP patch to add the ability for functions to
see the qualifiers of the query in which they're called. It's not
working just yet, and I'm not sure how best to get it working, but I'd
like to see this as part of 8.4, as SQL/MED is just way too ambitious
given the time frame.

Any tips, hints, pointers, etc. would be much appreciated.

Also, PL/Perl shouldn't be the only language to have this capability.
How might we add similar capabilities to PL/PythonU and PL/Tcl? To
the rest of the PLs? Would it make any sense to have it in SQL
language functions?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!