Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded (server crash)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar(dot)ahmad(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded (server crash)
Date: 2008-10-27 16:41:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane escribió:

> It might be better to modify elog.c so that errmsg_internal really
> doesn't call gettext. This would require kluging up EVALUATE_MESSAGE()
> a bit, so I'm not quite sure which is cleaner. Thoughts?

I think we document somewhere that a translator can add errmsg_internal to the
list of gettext triggers in nls.mk, so I agree that we should making sure it
doesn't call gettext at all, just to be sure some overly zealous translator
gets past the barrier.

(Also, actually adding errmsg_internal is pretty pointless, because the
translated messages would be lost when the catalog is passed through our
new translation status web system).