Re: array_agg and array_accum (patch)

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: array_agg and array_accum (patch)
Date: 2008-10-27 00:24:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jeff,

* Jeff Davis (pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com) wrote:
> 2) ARRAY_ACCUM() -- Returns empty array on no input, and includes NULL
> inputs.

Excellent.. I added it the easy way (from the online docs), but that's
clearly not at all efficient and was going to try and fix it, for psql
to use with the column-level privs patch. It'd be great to use a more
efficient mechanism like this, and to remove adding it from my patch
(erm, it's only one line currently, but it would have been alot more
eventually :).

I havn't actually reviewed the code at all, but +1 in general to adding
this to core.

Thanks,

Stephen