Re: Annoying Reply-To

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Cc: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>, \"Mikkel Høgh\" <mikkel(at)hoegh(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Annoying Reply-To
Date: 2008-10-23 17:01:22
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Greg Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Oct 2008, Bill Moran wrote:
>
> > You can resent it or not, but this _is_ a personal thing. It's personal
> > because you are the only one complaining about it. Despite the large
> > number of people on this list, I don't see anyone jumping in to defend
> > you.
>
> Mikkel is right, every other well-organized mailing list I've ever been on
> handles things the sensible way he suggests, but everybody on his side
> who's been on lists here for a while already knows this issue is a dead
> horse. Since I use the most advanced e-mail client on the market I just
> work around that the settings here are weird, it does annoy me a bit
> anytime I stop to think about it though.

I think this is the crux of the problem --- if I subscribed to multiple
email lists, and some have "rely" going to the list and some have
"reply" going to the author, I would have to think about the right reply
option every time I send email.

Fortunately, every email list I subscribe to and manage behaves like the
Postgres lists.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com